The history of the Cadillac marque dates back to the remnants of the Henry Ford Company when Mr. Henry Ford departed. The remaining partners were persuaded by Henry M. Leland of Leland & Faulconer Manufacturing Company to continue the automobile business using Leland's proven 1-cylinder engine. Beginning on August 22nd of 1902, the company was renamed the Cadillac Automobile Company. Their biggest selling point was precision manufacturing and reliability based on winning the British Dewar Trophy for the most important advancement of the year in the automobile industry. In 1909, the company was acquired by General Motors.
In January of 1932, Cadillac introduced the 355B Series with a restyled body that was longer and lower. Power was from a 353 cubic-inch V8 engine producing 115 horsepower. The car rode on a chassis that had a wheelbase size of 134-inches and weighed around 4,675 pounds.
In 1995, the current owner purchased this car from a hot rod enthusiast in Albertville, AL, who had started building and modifying the 1932 convertible V8 coupe. Everything about the car was in pieces. After researching information related to the car, an attempt to restore it began. After two years, it was determined that outside help was needed to complete the restoration.
Al Prueitt & Sons of Glen Rock, PA, even had problems finding some of the missing parts, but the car was restored in time for the 2009 Amelia Island Concours.Also photographed at :