This chassis on this 1939 Bentley was completed in August 1939, two weeks before World War II began. It was shipped to Park Ward for the coachwork in November/December 1939. It was shipped to the New England area of the United States, where it remained until purchased by the current owner in 2004. The car has undergone a complete restoration.
The car rides on a 126-inch wheelbase with an overall length of 192 inches and weighs 3750 pounds. The car is powered by an overhead valve, inline, 4257cc six-cylinder engine. From 1938, an 'overdrive' transmission with geared-up top was fitted to make the car better suited to fast roads. Park Ward bodies were without the wooden framing so they lasted better. The total production of the 5.25-liter Bentleys was 1,234 between 1936 and 1939.