The Model J was introduced in 1929 by the newly formed Auburn Cord Duesenberg Company, headed by E.L. Cord. Fred and August Duesenberg were influential in the mechanical design of the new Model J, having been successful designers of racing cars, marine engines and the Model A and X Duesenberg cars, which predated the Model J. This car, engine number J540, chassis number 2557, was delivered to its original owner, Mrs. William W. Willock of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Syossett, Long Island, New York, on May 9th of 1935. It went through the hands of four further owners before being acquired by its current owner, who had a complete restoration performed by Fran Roxas at vintage Motor Group in the Chicago area. The car is finished in its original paint colors and interior style, which have been carefully researched during the course of the two-year restoration.