This model was designed and developed by W.O. Bentley after he left Rolls-Royce in 1935. It was introduced at the 1936 Olympia International Automobile Exhibition in London and went into production in 1937. With a shortened LG6 chassis and a 4480cc V-12 engine with dual overhead camshafts, the car was capable of 180 bhp and speeds of 100 mph. The coachwork was designed by chief designer Frank Feeley and built in the Lagonda factory, which was known for its superb quality and attention to detail. World War II eventually ended the car's production, so just 189 cars were produced in this series.