Production of the Italian based company, OSCA (Officine Specializzate Costruzioni Automobili) began in 1947 and continued until 1967. The company was formed by the three Maserati brothers, Ettore, Ernesto, and Bindo, after they sold their company bearing their name to the Orsi family. OSCA was established with the intent on producing competitive, small, race cars. The first vehicle to bear the OSCA logo was the MT4 open sports car with cycle wings. Further development of the car lead to the MT4-2AD which won the 1100cc class in the 1950 Mille Miglia.
In 1951, OSCA fielded Formula One racers which were powered by 4.5-liter engines. The 4.5-liter displacement size was selected because it satisfied racing regulations. The use of blowers limited the engine size to 1.5-liters. The OSCA F1 cars managed minimal success. Their 1952 endeavours with their monoposto in Grand Prix competition were rewarded with some podium finishes.
During the mid-1950s, OSCA focused much of their attention on the 1500cc Class. The Morelli brothers bodied most of the OSCA cars after 1956. By the 1960s, the company had added road-going cars to their inventory. By 1963, a total of 128 examples of the 1600GT had been built; many were given bodies by coachbuilders such as Zagato, Fissore, Morelli, Boneschi, and Touring.
The OSCA Tipo 372 was powered by a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine and introduced near the close of the 1950s. There were only nine examples of the 372 produced. There are currently only six known to exist in modern times with only two retaining their original Morrelli at Ferrara bodies. The example shown is a 1959 Morrelli bodied 372 FS Spider which was shown at the 2006 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.
The OSCA Company was sold in 1963 to Count Domenico Agusta. Four years later in 1967, the company was closed.Also photographed at :