This automobile represents the re-designed body style Packard introduced in 1956 and was the last year of Packard's production. The newly designed 374 cubic-inch V8 motor produced 290 horsepower. Also new was the electric torsion bar auto-leveling suspension using two torsion bars per side. This automobile had Packard's twin Ultra-matic transmission as an option. The automobile was fully equipped with Wonder-Bar radio, power steering, power brakes, electric windows, electric seat, door locks, retracting antenna, under-seat heaters and tinted glass.
Packard Motor Car Company was in production from 1904 to 1956.