Henry and Wilford LeLand's Lincoln Motor Company began producing Liberty airplane engines in 1917. Leland decided to enter the automobile production business after the contract for the Liberty engines were fulfilled. The first cars were produced in 1920 but by 1922, after facing financial difficulties, Lincoln was acquired by the Ford Motor Company. Edsel Ford took the helm and saw the need to upgrade the styling of the Lincoln product line. He enlisted the finest American coachbuilders to produce new stylish bodies for the company.
By 1930 Lincoln was well established as a premier luxury automobile manufacturer. They exhibited many special custom bodied cars at the major auto shows. Their popular L Series remained in production until 1930. The L series V-8 engine was upgraded in 1931 to the K Series.
In 1932 Lincoln introduced the KB V-12. The 60 degree L-head V-12 utilized seven main bearings, blade and fork rods, and aluminum crankcase. The 448 cubic-inch produced 150 horsepower at 3400 RPM. The new in 1933 145-inch wheelbase double drop frame lent itself to the custom body trade. Designed to compete with the best the automobile world had to offer, the KB was built with no expense spared as it was the flagship of Henry Ford's automobile empire. Only 587 KB Lincolns were produced with 37 carrying LeBaron Roadster coachwork.
Of the original 37 roadsters, 6 are known to exist. This car was originally owned by land speed record holder Sir Malcolm Campbell and later by comedian W.C. Fields. The car was originally delivered in March of 1933. The color was black with dark brown leather interior.Also photographed at :