The Pope Manufacturing Company, once known for its bicycles, turned its attention to automobiles in 1903, and it expanded its model range rapidly. At one time the company had seventeen different models for sale. Styles included the Waverly, the Tribune, the Toledo and the Hartford, the latter of which was at the luxury end of the Pope range. This Pope-Hartford Model T was found laid up in a barn in 1949. It was then driven extensively near its home on Rhode Island before being stored again until it was once more resurrected in 1989. It is now fully restored to its former glory including its original color scheme.