This Springfield Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost was among the last American Silver Ghost made, and was used as a 'trials' car in preparation for the New Phantom. Modifications to the car were extensive, and included twin taillights with 'reversing' lamps, dual-filament headlights, improved double ignition, Houdaille hydraulic shock absorbers and a Westinghouse vacuum servo-powered four-wheel braking system. It was sold, in 1928, as a used car, to the principal of the Scullin Steel Co., of St. Louis. The body, a Picadilly roadster, was built by Merrimack Body Co., of Rolls-Royce Custom Coachwork, and is original to the chassis. The present owners have toured the car extensively, including the 90th anniversary of the 1913 Alpine Trials in Austria and Italy.