This Elva MKIIA is fitted with an all-alloy body and an Elva space frame with stressed undertray. It was recognized by Frank Nichols at the 1994 'Elva Reunion' at Elkhart Lake as being 'one of his early MKIIs.' The car was constructed in 1957 with Coventry Climax motor, MGA close ratio gearbox, and FIA 'Appendix C' specs (full width windscreen and long doors) making it eligible to compete in European events and Sebring. Ten Elva MKIIs were made and most were shipped to the USA. Dealers included Rip Ripley, Chuck Dietrich, Charlie Kolb and later Carl Haas.
The last American owner was Carl Schwab who sold it in 1981 to John Lindsey of Toronto. Dick Miller began a chassis restoration in the 1980's and Bob Grunau completed the rebuild. Bob raced it in Canada until 1998.
The current owner acquired the car in 2006 and had Roland Johnson Consulting of San Diego prepare it. The car has appeared at the 2006 Monterey Historics, Coronado Speedfest and at the 2006 Wine Country Classics.Also photographed at :