This Bentley is a H.J. Mulliner Design #7466 'High Wing' Fastback coupe. It is the second of only three left drives built, all for the 1959 model year. They were delivered to a discerning clientele who had both the taste and the approximately $35,000 required to dictate the color layouts and equipment. Factory records indicate this example was delivered to Lucius E. Packard of Newport Beach, CA, on November 12, 1959 and was the last S-1 Continental supplied to the United States. it was delivered so late that the instructions were to title it as a 1960 model, which it is not.
The early ownership trail is not documented but it was acquired by Vantage Motorworks in entirely original undamaged order in May 1997 with 82,000 miles. It had been the object of a protracted litigation between a collector/trader who acquired it in 1989 from the estate of a gentleman who died in 1982.
It was then offered by Alfred B. Lerner who gave it a one year restoration. He enjoyed the car on a limited basis until his death some years later. The current owner purchased the car from his estate with less than 1,000 miles traveled.