The 1942 Cadillac was dramatically restyled and introduced to the public in September of 1941. The streamlined design theme continued its evolution with the addition of elliptical front fenders extending deeply into the front doors. There were bullet-shaped front bumper extensions which were later given the nickname 'Dagmars.'
This 1942 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Club Coupe was built on December 7th of 1941, the same day the Japanese attaked Pearl Harbor. On February 4th of 1942, civilian automobile production was halted and the American workforce was redirected to concentrate on the war-time effort.
This car is an original and unrestored example that has been driven 34,700 miles since new. There have been only two owners for this car prior to its acquisition at the 2008 auction. It is painted in Marlboro Blue and wears a replacement convertible top that it was given in the early 1960s. There are running boards, which were a no-cost option, a locking gas cap, and windshield washer. The convertible top and the radio antenna are both operated by a vacuum-cylinder system.
The interior has blue and beige upholstery and is well equipped with a radio, heater and defroster, and a Deluxe steering wheel with a day-night rearview mirror. The car is powered by a 346 cubic-inch V8 engine and mated to a Hydra-Matic Drive transmission with four forward speeds.
In 2008, this car was brought to the 2nd Annual Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey presented by RM Auctions where it was estimated to sell for $35,000 - $45,000. It was offered without reserve. Those estimates were proven accurate when bidding reached $39,600. The lot was sold.