Blue Ray 1, completed in September 1955, is perhaps the most fantastic creation of Enrico Nardi. It was first shown at the Turin Auto Show and subsequently shown at the Paris and New York Auto Shows. Power is provided by a Lancia Aurelia B20 V6 engine with Nardi tuning updates. The coachwork was designed by Michelotti and constructed by Vignale. All of the coachwork, with the exception of the roof frame but including the floors and inner fenders, is alloy. The roof is made of blue Perspex and is equipped with a grilled air scoop and internal directional vents. Blue Ray 1 was restored in 1989 and first appeared at Pebble Beach that year.