From February through June of 1914, there were 441 units of the Packard 4-48 produced. Today, there are less than 10 that remain. The engine that powered the 4-48 was a six-cylinder unit that displaces 525 cubic-inches and produced 82 horsepower. These cars were advertised as the 'Dominant Six.'
The engine was rather impressive, having an L-head design and seven main bearings. Braking was from seventeen-inch brake drums, which replaced the prior fifteen-inch units.
All 4-48 models, including the runabouts, rode on a 144-inche wheelbase and it is estimated that each car required over seventy man hours to assemble each engine.Also photographed at :