1913 Pierce-Arrow 48-B 7-Passenger Touring car was purchased from Dr. Samuel Scher by Mr. Paine (Seal Cove Museum), along with 41 other automobiles from Dr. Scher's collection. The car was given a restoration in 1963 by Dr. Scher and was a 1964 AACA National First Prize winner.
The car is painted in green with a body accent in dark green and white coach-lining. The interior is upholstered in brown and fitted with a beige cloth top. Whilewall tires are mounted on body colored wood spoke wheels and there are double spare tires and rims mounted on the right-hand running board adjacent to the driver. The brightwork is nickel.
The car is equipped with electric lights in octagonal rimmed nickel plated sheets directly mounted onto the frame extensions rather than Herber Dawley's revolutionary patented headlight treatment blended into the front fendres. There are no rear view mirrors and the front features a nickel-plated 'Harroun' tubular bumper.
The brakes are on the rear wheels and activated by double-acting brakes with internally-expanding shoes as well as contracting bands around the outside of the drums. The coachwork is courtesy of Pierce-Arrow, a practice they maintained and treasured. The body is constructed from thin cast-aluminum panels that are both lightweight and very durable.
In 2008, this Touring car was shown at the 'Quail Lodge, A Sale of Exceptional Motorcars and Automobilia' and later offered for sale at 'The Richard C. Paine Jr. Collection' presented by Bonhams Auction. The car was sold for $315,000 inclusive of buyer's premium.