The early Buick automobiles employed twin-cylinder engines of Walter Marr and Eugene Richard's famed valve-in-head design. This setup remained with the Buicks from 1904 through 1911. A line of four-cylinder models were introduced for 1907, designated D,S,K and H. In keeping with the practice of allocating one model designation per body style, D and H were touring cars, while S and K were roadsters. The roadsters had a 102.5-inch wheelbase; the touring models were four inches longer. The H and K models used a two-speed planetary transmission, like the twin-cylinder cars. The D and S models had a three-speed sliding gear. All of these four models had the same inline four-cylinder engine, with individually-cast cylinders in a T-head configuration. The engine, displacing 255 cubic-inches, offered 30 horsepower.
For 1910 only, Buick offered the Model 19. It was based on the Model D of 1907 but with a three-inch longer wheelbase. It wore a touring bodystyle finished in green with ivory wheels and running gear. Power was from the overhead valve four-cylinder engine with cylinders cast in pairs. The Buick Model 19 proved to be rather popular, with 4,000 examples built. For 1911, Buick introduced the Model 19's successor, the Model 21, which featured a longer wheelbase. For 1912, it was retired.
This Buick Model 19 was once part of the John O'Quinn collection where it was kept in climate-controlled storage. It wears an older restoration and is painted in the correct green-and-ivory pattern. The seats are upholstered in diamond-pattern buttoned black leather. The wheelbase measures 105 inches and there were two-wheel mechanical brakes.
In 2012, the car was offered for sale at the RM Auction's Amelia Island sale. It was estimated to sell for $40,000 - $60,000. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $35,750 inclusive of buyer's premium.