The Lancia Aurelia B24S featured a rear-mounted transaxle and a V-6 engine designed by Vittorio Jano. This example is powered by a 2451cc overhead valve, 60-degree engine breathing through a single Weber 40 DCZ5 carburetor. The engine offers 110 horsepower and there is a four-speed manual transmission. Hydraulic drum brakes are at all four corners, with an inboard setup at the rear.
In 1954, Lancia added a Pinin Farina-designed Spider to the Aurelia line. This was followed two years later with a more refined Convertible, featuring a slightly more enclosed cockpit, roll-up windows and improved weather protection.
Lancia produced 521 examples of the B24 convertible between 1956 and 1958. Approximately 160 of those were built on the Fifth Series platform.
This Lancia Aurelia B24S has a larger clutch disc and larger, redesigned front brakes. It is believed that the car was given a restoration in the late 1990s. Imported to the United States in 2000, the car came into the hands of a California collector. Next owner was Mr. Rosenfeld, who owned the car for nearly a decade. It was shown at the Radnor Hunt Concours in 2002 and 2007, and the 2009 Concours d'Elegance of the Eastern United States.
In 2012, the car was offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction in Amelia Island, Florida. It was estimated to sell for $275,000 - $350,000. As bidding came to close, the car had been sold for $280,500 inclusive of buyer's premium.Also photographed at :