The Lancia Aurelia, designed by Gianni Lancia and Vittorio Jano, first appeared in 1951. An Aurelia GT won the two-liter class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, came second in the Mille Miglia, and dominated the Perscara Six Hour Race in the same year. The beautifully engineered Aurelia (its engine was the first production V6 in the world) was further developed in subsequent years, and the engine was enlarged to 2.4 liters as in this B24 model. This unrestored and original car has been in the same family since 1957. Its first owner was the Brazilian Gordini GP team driver Hermano da Silva Ramos. The car was brought to the United States in 1962 by the owner's father and was garaged until 2001.