This whereabouts of this Bugatti Type 37-Ford Special was unknown for many decades, until the previous owner offered it for sale in 1993. It was originally owned by Elwood Lufkin who purchased the car after a tour of the Bugatti factory in 1931. Since the very early 1940s, its history a fate were the subject of much speculation. Its early life was spent racing in ARCA events. In 1935 its original engine (number 289), was replaced with a Ford Model B engine.
The car is currently in unrestored condition, used for leisurely drives and for vintage racing.Also photographed at :