The Packard Straight-Eight engine, introduced in 1924, would be used and refined for the next thirty years and has become the most famous and reliable Packard engine ever produced.
This Model 143 is powered by the original Straight-Eight engine producing 90 horsepower. The body on this first series Packard was built by the Fleetwood Body Company of Pennsylvania. Shortly after building this body, the Fleetwood Company was purchased by General Motors and moved to Detroit, Michigan. The original owner of this car was the president of the Chicago and Northwest Railroad.Also photographed at :