The Harley Earl designed LaSalle models were introduced in 1927, under contract to Cadillac head Lawrence P. Fisher. The styling was attractive and impressive, resulting with General Motors President Alfred P. Sloan inviting Earl to create an 'Art and Colour' section for GM, and given the responsibility for styling all the corporation's vehicles.
The 1934 LaSalle models continued the LaSalle tradition of being elegant and modern. They had smooth streamlined lines, a narrow grille and stylish ornamentation. These new design updates were continued through 1936.
The final year for the LaSalle Company was 1940. That year's cars still retained the famous slender vertical grille that had become the LaSalle's signature motif.
This particular LaSalle was purchased by its current owner while still in his teens. It was bought in 1969 and promptly made into a street-racer powered by a 406-cid Ford V8. Eventually, it was given an authentic restoration with all mechanical and body work completed by the owner. By 2002, the LaSalle had been reborn as a factory-stock show car, just in time for Cadillac's 100th anniversary celebration.