Siata (Societa Italiana Applicazioni Trasformazioni Automobilistiche) specialized in aftermarket products for Fiats, the company used its knowledge and expertise to launch the first Siata-badged, Fiat-based car in 1948. Around sixty chassis were built by Siata in 1953 and 1954, and they received at least half a dozen body type variations, the most common being the 208S. This 208CS was originally a competition sports coupe built by Stabilimenti Farina just before Farina ceased production, and it was shown at the Brussels Salon in 1953. It was converted to a Spyder in 1955 by Siata and ran it the Targa Florio in 1956. It was until recently in the Rosso Bianco Collection in Germany.