The BMW 507 was unveiled at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 1955. The car wore styling courtesy of Albrecht Count Goertz and powered by an overhead valve V-8 capable of producing 165 horsepower.
This car has had only two owners since new. The new owner was Mr. Oscar Liebmann of Dumont, New Jersey, who took delivery in 1958. Mr. Oscar sold the car in 2001.
This is an original car that had never been restored when the second owner took possession. It was given a concours-level restoration which included the chrome being re-plated and new rubber weather striping installed.
In 2009, this BMW 507 was offered for sale by Gooding & Company at their Pebble Beach auction. The lot was estimated to sell for $750,000,000 - $900,000. As bidding came to a close, the lot had been sold for the sum of $935,000, inclusive of buyer's premium.