This car, chassis number #44431, originally belonged to Lily Livingston, mistress to tobacco magnate Pierre Lorillard. Ms. Livingston was Mr. Lorillard's primary heir, inheriting his thoroughbred horse business, despite the fact that he was still married to Emily Lorillard at the time. Ms. Livingston successfully ran Rancocas Stables and split her time between the New Jersey farm, France, Germany and England.
She was visiting France, in 1914, and ordered the car. It was shipped to the Renault Sales Branch in New York and bodied by Locke & Co.
In the 1940s, the car was owned by Alec Ulman, who drove it in a post-WWII AACA event in October 1945. In 1946, Henry Austin Clark drove it in the first Glidden Tour after WWII. Clark retained ownership into the 1970s, when the car was sold to an individual in the United Kingdom, who toured with it for the next 25 years.