MG got its name from 'Morris Garages', a dealer of Morris cars in England which began producing its own customized versions using the designs of Cecil Kimber, the general manager. The first MG-badged cars appeared in 1923 with custom two-seater touring bodies. The breakthrough car for the company was the 1928 Midget and at this point, MG became a separate company. It subsequently passed through a series of owners including British Motors, Rover, BMW and currently produces cars in China under a Chinese owner.
The N-Type Magnette was introduced in April of 1934 with a much improved and lighter chassis and a wider track. Improved head design enhanced the breathing and horsepower of the 1,271 cc overhead cam straight 6-cylinder engine with a Marshall supercharger allowing the car to reach a top speed of 80 mph. The ride was improved as the body tub was attached to large frame outriggers with rubber mounts. The NB was produced from September 1935 to June of 1936 at a price of 335 Pounds Sterling.
This car is one of only 98 two-seaters built. This car was imported into Florida in the 1960s, but was not as nice as advertised and left in a field for 20 years, deteriorating severely. The current owner purchased the car in 2003 and just finished the restoration in November of 2010.Also photographed at :