The British Talbot Company was founded in 1903 by the Earl of Shrewsbury-Charles Chetwynd-Talbot and Adolphe clement to sell French-built motorcars. The company branded its imported cars as Clement-Talbots and assembled their own models, which they called Talbots. In 1916, Swiss born Georges Roesch became chief engineer, and in the 1920s Talbot built a number of successful cars, including the 3-liter Talbot 105. In the 1930s, Roesch-designed Talbots enjoyed racing success with the Fox & Nicholl team at LeMans and Brooklands.
This Sports Tourer with James Young coachwork is typical of the touring Talbots of the period. Having spent most of its life in England, the car arrived in the United States in 1969. Its current owner bought it in 1996 and has restored the car to its original specification.