Studebaker's Special Six was introduced in 1918 and remained in production until 1926. It was positioned between the company's Light Six and Big Six.
The 1924 version of the Special Six featured a nickel-plated radiator shell and cowl-mounted inspection lamps. The touring car, such as this example, also featured nickel-plated grab handles and running board kick plates.
The Special Six was powered by a 288.6 cubic-inch six-cylinder motor that developed 29.4 horsepower. The car's transmission was equipped with Timken adjustable bearings. Wheelbase size measured 119 inches.