The original owner of this White automobile was Walter White of White Motors. The car features a custom body designed and built by Walter White's friend Leon Rubay, a fellow Clevelander who owned and managed one of the top coach building firms in the United States.
This car is the third - and last - of three White automobiles built by Rubay for Walter White and features a nautical motif. The first was a Six-Sixty build in 1913; the other was a Four-Forty Five built in 1915.
For 1917, the next to last year White automobiles were built, the series was identified as the 16-Valve '4' and featured a huge four-cylinder gasoline motor installed on a 137.5-inch wheelbase chassis.