The White Company made the decision to end automobile production in 1918 and focused its efforts on the manufacture of trucks, such as this model - the Model 20.
It was originally sold as a delivery van to a bakery company in Hagerstown, Maryland. The company's mechanic eventually acquired the truck and converted it to a flat-bed so he could use it on his potato farm.
It is painted in its original color - Battleship Grey. The wheels should have been painted the same color but the owner admired the natural finish of the wooden spokes. This truck has a big horn and lights, and rides on solid rubber tires.