One of the storied automobiles built in Cleveland, Ohio was the Templar, which was in production from 1917 to 1924. The Templar was what was known in the automotive trade as a high quality 'small car.' The name came from the military-religious order famous during the crusades of the middle ages. The car's emblem was the Maltese cross.
Templars featured a Templar-built overhead valve, four-cylinder motor that developed 43 horsepower and was described by the company as the 'Vitalic Top-Valve Motor.'
An extensive restoration was required to return this car to its current condition. It spent most of its life in Canada before it was acquired and work begun. More than 90-percent of the wood superstructure had to be replaced.