After World War II, the Alvis Company adopted a one-model policy, beginning with the TA-14 in 1946. A six-cylinder car, the TA-21, was introduced in 1950, and was the company's first all-new Alvis since the war. Alec Issigonis tuned the engine of its successor, the TC-21, in 1954, allowing the company to guarantee 100 mph performance.
Graber of Switzerland designed a body for the TC-21 chassis in 1955. It proved very popular and convinced Alvis to acquire the rights. Subsequent bodies were made by Park Ward as the TD-21. For 1963, this was given stacked quad headlamps and designated TE-21, available as a drophead coupe or two-door saloon.
Rover purchased the Alvis marque in 1965, and by 1967, the Alvis brand cars were out of production.
This TE-21 Saloon is painted in gold with a cream interior. Power is from a 2993cc overhead-valve inline six-cylinder engine developing 130 horsepower. There is a five-speed manual gearbox and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes.
In 2010, the car was offered for sale at the Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey auction presented by RM Auctions. The car was estimated to sell for $10,000-$20,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $34,100 including buyer's premium.