Alanson P. Brush founded the Brush Runabout Company in 1906 in Detroit, Michigan. Alanson was a respected technical innovator though he had no formal technical training. His resume included working for Henry Leland's manufacturing company where he was engaged to solve design problems on the first Oldsmobiles, Buicks, and Cadillacs.
The Brush Company would be later absorbed into Benjamin Briscoe's United States Motor Company. The U.S. Motors collapsed in 1912 and would bring the end of the Brush automobiles.
The Brush automobiles were built using mainly Michigan hardwoods, with axles and wheels fabricated from hickory, frame and flooring from oak and the seat structure from poplar.
This Runabout has an older restoration that remains in good condition in modern times. The engine is a 62.8 cubic-inch L-head single-cylinder engine delivering 7 horsepower. There is a two-speed planetary transmission and two-wheel mechanical brakes. The car has a canvas top and leather upholstery.
In 2010, the car was offered for sale at the Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey auction presented by RM Auctions. The car was estimated to sell for $15,000 - $20,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $22,000 including buyer's premium.