The first MG T-Series sports car, the TA, was introduced in 1936. Its design would establish the look of the typical British sports car for years to come. It had a tall, square radiator, wire wheels, cut-down doors, folding windscreen and rear-mounted slab fuel tank and spare tire.
In comparison to the previous PB, the two-seat TA was lower and wider, and it was more spacious and had a more comfortable cockpit. The engine was a new 1,292cc engine with modern pushrod-actuated overhead valves and could easily reach speeds approaching 80 miles per hour.
This right-hand drive example has been meticulously restored and maintained within a private collector for many years until 2010, when it was purchased and refreshened by the new owner. Cosmetic work included a new burled walnut dash, steering wheel and gauges, as well as a complete, concours-level detailing.
In 2011, the car was offered for sale at RM Auction's Arizona sale where it was estimated to sell for $35,000 - $45,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $30,250, inclusive of buyer's premium.