The Model 38 is powered by a 414 cubic-inch T-head straight-six engine offering 38.4 horsepower (in reality, it was closer to 60 horsepower). The engine had a five-and-a-half inch stroke that offered a nearly endless amount of torque.
The Pierce-Arrow Model C-4 was available in showrooms on December 1st of 1915.
This vehicle, chassis number 36793, has a known history that dates back to the early 1930s. At that time, it was in the care of two brothers who operated an automobile repair business in Providence, Rhode Island, and was used for service calls and errands. Near the onset of WWII, the car was put into storage, and that is where it would remain until the early 1970s. Laurent Dionne from Warren, Rhode Island, purchased the car in the 1970s and preserved the car until the late 1980s when it was sold to Manny Souza. Under Mr. Souza's care, the car was given a six-year restoration. After completion, the Pierce-Arrow came into the possession of a Florida collector where it was kept in a climate-controlled facility before being acquired by the current owner in 2005.
In 2011, the car was offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction held in Amelia Island, Florida where it was estimated to sell for $175,000-$225,000. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $181,500 inclusive of buyer's premium.