One way to advertise, and to make a bold statement, was to give the vehicle a daring name. William O. Dayton named his vehicles 'Reliable.' The Reliable Dayton was organized in Chicago in the autumn of 1906, and soon their first vehicle, the two-stroke, twin-cylinder Model C was produced. By 1908, the Models E and F had Renault-type hoods though their twin-cylinder engine remained under the seat. Under the hood was the fuel and water tanks.
By the close of 1909, the Reliable Dayton plant was under control of the Fal Motor Company which produced the F.A.L. automobile. It would remain in production through 1914.
This 1909 Reliable Dayton wears an older restoration. It has black buttoned leather upholstery, a leather trunk, and side tiller steering. It rides on solid rubber tires and powered by a twin-cylinder engine that offers 15 horsepower. There is a two-speed planetary transmission and two-wheel mechanical brakes. In 2011, the car was offered for sale at the Amelia Island sale presented by RM Auctions. It was estimated to sell for $30,000 - $50,000. As bidding came to a close, the car was sold for the sum of $38,500 including buyer's premium.