Chassis number 660792 was completed on May 3rd of 1951, and left for Brysons, Melbourne, Australia, on June 12th of 1951. The vehicle was first registered in Victoria in 1951 and then it changed hands several times in the late 1950s and 60s eventually ending up in the collection of Mark Tucakovic of Wallington, Australia, in 1973. In 1992, auto designer Karl Robertson bought the car and took it with him to Frankfurt, Germany. He completed a full restoration of the all numbers matching car, including fitting it with the twin Brooklands screens and a Quick Type Fuel Fill to match the original 1950 LeMans team cars. The vehicle is also equipped with rare Don Busch Turbo Vent wheels of which only 10 sets were produced for Australian race vehicles.
Mr. Robertson moved to the U.S. where he showed it extensively at various Concours and charity events until its sale to the current owners in 2008. The vehicle was raced extensively and the current owner performed a full refresh in 2010.
The XK120 was launched as a roadster at the 1948 London Motor Show and caused such a sensation it was quickly put into production. It earned much success competing on road-racing circuits and was Jaguar's first sports car since the SS100 which ended production in 1940.
The '120' referred to its 120 mph top speed, which made the XK120 the world's fastest standard production car at the time. With alloy cylinder heads and twin side-draft carburetors, the dual overhead cam 3.4 L straight six was comparatively advanced for a mass-produced unit of the time. It is also equipped with the rare Don Busch Turbo Vent wheels, of which only 10 sets were ever built for Australian race vehicles.Also photographed at :