1954 was a milestone year for Studebaker, as the company merged with the Packard Motor Car Company in June to become the Studebaker-Packard Corporation.
The two-door Conestoga station wagon body style was a new offering by Studebaker for the 1954 model year and was continued through 1955.
The car is powered by a Studebaker-built V-8 motor coupled to a three-speed transmission with overdrive. The car is also equipped with 'hill holder,' which prevented the car from rolling back on hills. This Commander Regal Conestoga Station Wagon is also equipped with factory accessory wire wheel covers.