Allard K3 models (much like the vehicle it replaced - the K2) were introduced in 1952. They had a sports-car design with elemental bodies and were the companies touring model. They had rounded lines with three horizontal bars in the front. Most of the K3s were sent to American dealers without engines, who would then install a V-8 engine of the purchaser's choice, with many equipped with aftermarket speed parts.
The K3 had smooth lines, a small horizontal hood, and no door handles. Below the headlamps were small round parking lamps. Their wheelbase size was 100 inches, a full 6 inches shorter than the K2.
Though most of the cars came without engines, the company offered three engine choices: a British Ford flathead V-8, a Mercury flathead V-8, a Chrysler V8. A fourth engine - a Jaguar twin-cam six later became available.
Production continued through October 8th of 1954 and reached around 62 units.
This Allard K3 is chassis number K3-3261 and is finished in Power Blue with red upholstery. It was originally delivered on September 16th of 1953 to Kirk Motors, who sold it to first owner D. Sanderson. After the death of Mr. Peacock in 2009, the Allard was purchased by Bob Lytle and commenced a minor freshening of the car. After Mr. Lytle's passing, his friends helped complete the project. Since completion, the K3 has been driven fewer than 1,000 miles and features instruments that have been reconditioned to as-new condition.
It has a black folding top and wire-spoke wheels. Power is from a 331-cubic inch Cadillac overhead valve V8 engine mated to a modified GM automatic transmission. There is an Allard split front axle with radius rods and coil springs. In the back is a de Dion rear axle with coil springs. At all four corners are hydraulic drum brakes.
In 2012, this vehicle was offered for sale at RM Auctions sale in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was estimated to sell for $85,000-$125,000 and was offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $ 57,750 inclusive of buyer's premium.