The DB2 with styling by Frank Freeley was introduced in May of 1950 and was the debut automobile for Aston Martin under industrialist David Brown, who had recently acquired the company. By 1953, this gentlemen's sports car had grown into a four-place saloon, the DB2/4, followed by Drophead Coupe and Fixed-Head Notchback versions. In 1954, the new 3.0 liter engine delivering 150 horsepower was introduced.
This example, chassis number LML/951, is an original left-hand drive DB2/4 that was sold new by authorized sales agent Peter Satori of Pasadena, California. The early history of the car is not known, but since being acquired from the estate of noted collector Gene Young, it is believed the car has always resided in Southern California. The car was acquired from the Young Estate in early 2011. It is finished in Peony Red with a black interior.
The car is powered by a three-liter double overhead cam six-cylinder engine delivering 140 horsepower. There is a four-wheel manual transmission and four-wheel drum brakes.
In 2012, the car was offered for sale at the RM Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was estimated to sell for $135,000 - $175,000. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $148,500 inclusive of buyer's premium.