Richard and Alan Jensen founded Jensen Motors in 1934 when the brothers bought the body works of their late employer W.J. Smith & Sons. A commission from film actor Clark Gable that year to build a car for him based on a Ford V-8 chassis brought them prominence. They began building a similar car with Jensen bodies on a Ford chassis with Ford engines. Within a year they introduced their own Jensen S-Type.
After World War II, the brothers offered a luxury saloon called the Jensen PW. Designer Eric Neale joined the company in 1946. He designed the new Interceptor for 1950. In 1955 Jensen began production of what some consider Neale's masterpiece, the model 541, which used fiberglass bodywork with aluminum door skins. That model was replaced by the first C-V8 ('C' for center-tube) in 1962 powered by a 6-liter Chrysler V8. It was one of the fastest cars of its kind.
Having become intrigued by the Jensen C-V8 the current owner and his son traveled to England on a quest to find one. They scored at the Jensen International Event in 2009 when they found this beautiful example. The two previous owners (10 years of ownership each) had both won the President's Cup, the highest honor at the Jensen Owners Club. This car is driven regularly in nice weather.