The Stingray was designed by Bill Mitchell and first introduced in 1963. Only minor changes were made from 1963 to 1967. The short-lived Stingray design is probably the most sought after, apart from the 1953 to 1957 models. The Stingray from 1963 to 1967 had three engine options: a 327 cubic-inch V8, a 396 cubic-inch V8, and a 427 cubic-inch V8 with horsepower ranging from 250 to 435. The L72 engine in this car is a 425 horsepower, 427 cubic-inch, V8, allowing it to accelerate from 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds, and quarter-mile times of 13.4 seconds at 105 mph.
This automobile was discovered in an old garage in 2004, then was totally restored by its present owner and has won the Bloomington Gold Certification.