Aston Martin built 551 examples of the DB Mark III during its three-year run, lasting from 1957 through 1959. These were hand-built vehicles and approximately 310 were exported to the United States.
Aston Martin chose the Geneva Auto Show in 1957 to introduce their DB Mark III model. They served as a model update of the successful DB 2/4 and were the final model based on the Claude Hill-designed chassis of 1948. In mid-1959, the Aston Martin product line was completely reconceived with the introduction of the DB4.
This DB Mark III was ordered through Peter Satori exotics dealership in Pasadena, California and delivered on January 17th of 1958. It was originally finished in black with red interior and its first owner was a resident of Beverly Hills. It was later sold to Mr. G. Bartell in Manhattan Beach before entering the care of Gene Young of Costa Mesa, California. The car would remain with Mr. Young for over three decades. When it was finally sold from the Young estate, it had been parked for many years and, though thoughtfully stored, was in need of significant mechanical attention. It was given a new set of five correct Dayton wire wheels with new Avon Turbospeed tires. The clutch master and slave cylinders have been refurbished and the cooling system has received similar attention.
Power is from a 6-cylinder, 2922cc dual overhead cam engine fitted with Twin SU carburetors and offering 162 horsepower. There is a four-speed manual gearbox and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes.
In 2012, the car was offered for sale at the Gooding & Company auction held in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was estimated to sell for $150,000 - $220,000. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $129,250 inclusive of buyer's premium.Also photographed at :