The Jaguar XK150 was first introduced in the fall of 1957 and was intended to compete against the BMW 507 and Mercedes-Benz 300SL. It was the third and final evolution of its series and represented the best and most highly developed XK ever built. The design was similar to its predecessors with styling revisions that included the replacement of the traditional cut-down doors with a higher and more subtle beltline. The front aspect was modified with a widening to the grille and updates to the windshield with a more contemporary curved, one-piece version. The Open Two Seater (Roadster) also had the addition of roll-up side windows.
The XK150 was given power-assisted disc brakes at all four corners and powered by a dual overhead cam six-cylinder engine breathing through dual SU carburetors.
This 1958 example is one of only 1,297 examples of the 3.4-liter roadsters built. It is finished in red with black upholstery and has newly fitted carpeting.
In 2012, the car was offered for sale at the RM Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was estimated to sell for $60,000-$80,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $52,250 inclusive of buyer's premium.