This four-door Cabriolet D is powered by a Type M186 OHC six-cylinder engine that has a seven-bearing crankshaft, and twin Solex 40 PBJC dual downdraft carburetors. These cars were hand-built in limited numbers at the Sindelfingen body works beginning in March of 1952. Production continued through June of 1956, though it is believed that individual cars continued to be built to special order at Sindelfingen until the following spring.
This example was given a restoration in Missouri by its current owner in the late 1990s. The car is equipped with Bosch driving lights and rides on Firestone whitewall tires.
In 2010, the car was offered for sale at the Sports & Classics of Monterey presented by RM Auctions. It was estimated to sell for $60,000 - $90,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $115,500 inclusive of buyer's premium.