By 1934, the three Aldington brothers had taken over the company from Archie Frazer Nash and H.R. Godfrey, who had begun in 1910 by making cycle cars. They had developed them into sports cars in the 1920s, and by the 1930s, sales were declining, and the last chain-driven cars would be sold in 1939.
The brothers competed in European rallies using Frazer Nashes. They were impressed by the BMW 314's performance in the Alpine trials that they arranged to import the model and sell it as a Frazer Nash-BMW in the United Kingdom. Relationships between England and the Third Reich were already testy by this point, and it was thought that renaming the car might enable them to sell it.
Peter Szymanowski was the individual who designed the 315 roadster. He later became BMW Chief of design after World War II. It grew from 1,490 cc at its introduction at the 1935 Frankfurt Auto show into the 1,911-cc model 319, which boasted a top speed of 81 mph, thanks to its three Solex carburetors, and 55 bhp. The 328 roadster was the ultimate variation, whose engine was to be used in Bristol cars after World War II and also in the AC Ace.
This 1935 Frazer Nash-BMW 319 Roadster is a right-hand drive roadster that is powered by a 1911cc OHC six-cylinder engine with three Solex carburetors. The car has wire wheels and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes.
In 2011, the car was offered for sale at RM Auctions' Arizona sale where it was estimated to sell for $150,000 - $200,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $198,000 including buyer's premium.