GT40 #1040 is one of only six 1966 GT40 MK1s factory built for long distance racing. #1040 has more LeMans appearances than any other MK1.
The car was shipped to Scuderia Filipinetti on February 28th of 1966. It was displayed at the 1966 Geneva Auto Show and then became Filipinetti team car. It raced at the 1966 Eaux Mortes, 1966 LeMans Trials, 1966 Monza, 1966 LeMans Trials and the 1967 Monza.
This car was purchased by the current owner in 2008 and restoration was finished in 2010.