Many MG aficionados consider the TF to be the best driving and most desirable of the T series automobiles. The TF is a refined version of its predecessor, the TD, with a bit more horsepower and subtle changes to the car's front and rear.
The TF series was in production from 1953-55.
The original MG marque remained in continuous production for 56 years, following its introduction in 1924-25. The name comes from Morris Garages, an Oxford (England) dealer of Morris motorcars.
In 1952, MG was absorbed into the British Motors Corporation, which included the Austin Motor Company.
The MG TF is powered by an in-line, 1250cc four-cylinder motor that produces approximately 57 horsepower.