XKD530 was initially procured by Curt Lincoln of Helsinki, Finland, from the Finnish Importer S.M.K. in 1956. Lincoln obtained the car for ice racing at Elaintarhanajo. It was fitted with special tires, carrying 60 spikes in each. Lincoln was successful in winning his first race in the over two liter class and competed nearly every Sunday. Timo Makinenin also won several events in Finland with this car.
By 1959, XKD530 was in 'tired' condition and it was returned to Jaguar in Coventry, England, to be rebuilt. It was converted to the new 3.8 liter. The car went on to win the Leningrand Grand Prix, the only outing ever recorded for a D-Type in the USSR!
The current owner purchased the car in 1998. He sent it to CKL Developments in Susex, England, for restoration. It carries its original engine, transmission, chassis frame, monocoque, rear axle and brake calipers among other pieces. Among other events, the car has competed in seven Mille Miglias between 2000 and 2009. It was 'sympathetically' restored in 2008-09.Also photographed at :