Two months after taking a ride in a Buick in 1904, William Crapo Durant became a member of the company's board of directors. A partner in the Flint, Michigan Durant-Dort Carriage Company, Durant was impressed with the car built by David Buick, Walter Marr and Eugene Richard and felt it worthy of investment. Durant had soon floated a $300,000 stock issue for what was now the Buick Motor Company. Using his superb salesmanship skills, he was able to sell more than 1,100 Buicks before the firm had built 40.
Very few changes occurred for the Model F Touring and Model G Roadster for 1907 over their 1906 counterparts. The 16 gallon fuel tank was replaced with a smaller, 15 gallon unit. The biggest change was the new 89-inch wheelbase, an increase of two-inches over the 1906 models. A new belly pan that enclosed the engine and transmission was also installed. Pricing for the tourer was $1250 while the roadster sold for $1150.
A Buick Model F was entered in the 1906 1,000 mile relay run from Chicago to New York. The Buick was the only competitor to complete the event. This would earn the Model F the nickname 'Old Faithful.'
The Model G Roadster was powered by a 159 cubic-inch horizontally-opposed twin-cylinder engine that delivered 22 horsepower. They had a planetary transmission and two-wheel mechanical brakes. This example is a double AACA award winner, with National honors in 1984 and Grand National in 1987. It has a very correct older restoration with matching Gray & Davis brass lamps and other accessories, all in excellent condition.
In 2010, this Model G was offered for sale at the Vintage Motor Cars of Hershey auction presented by RM Auctions. The car was estimated to sell for $45,000 - $55,000 and offered without reserve. As bidding came to a close, the car had been sold for the sum of $49,500 including buyer's premium.