The Drophead Coupe was originally introduced in 1938. The +4 model was introduced in 1952 and built until 1969. The Drophead Coupe featured higher doors hinged to the rear, sliding glass side windows, a fixed windscreen and a atop that could be set in three positions: completely up, coupe deville, and completely down.
The Triumph TR3 engine was used in the Morgan from February 1956 until February 1964. It is a 1991cc engine rated at 90 horsepower with a claimed top speed of 100 mph.
This car was restored (ground up) in 1995 and that same year it was one of 30 Morgans in the United States invited to be shown at the Meadowbrook Concours d'Elegance. It received one of the seven blue ribbons awarded to the Morgans, presented by Charles Morgan.
This car was improved by the installation of a +8 heater, side air vents in the cowl (as per the 1938 models), high torque starter motor, dual reservoir brake master cylinder, and a spin-off oil filter adapter.